Ventura County Emergency Resources: After an Event

FEMA: Federal Emergency Management Assistance -

(800) 621‑FEMA, TTY 800‑462‑7585


Application Checklist - 

Apply for federal funding to help pay for temporary housing, emergency home repairs, uninsured and underinsured personal property losses and medical, dental and funeral expenses caused by the disaster, along with other serious disaster-related expenses


2-1-1 Ventura County Resources -

Dial 2-1-1 from any phone in Ventura County for a variety of resources


Autism Society Ventura County - 

(805) 496-1632 or (805) 437-9856

Limited funds are available for emergencies for individuals with autism and their families


California DMV: Driver’s License and ID Replacement -

Call for an appointment: (800) 777-0133. The application must be submitted in person.


Catholic Charities - 

(213) 251-3400

Various support services and counseling are available for families undergoing crisis, poverty and homelessness


Congresswoman Julia Brownley - 

(202) 225-5811

For assistance with federal agencies


Federal Access to Disaster Help and Resources -

Apply online


Food Pantries - 

Locate local food pantries


Green Card Replacement -  

Call for appointment and info: (800) 375-5283

This application must be submitted in person


Medicare Card Replacement - 

(800) 772-1213 (TTY) 800-325-0778 

This form must be submitted in person


Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) -

Cal OES has put together this very detailed brochure for Assistance and Services for Disaster Recovery


Passport Replacement -

(877) 487-2778 (TTY) 888-874-7793 


Post-Fire Checklist -

This includes great tips on what to do post-fire from those affected by the Sonoma fires


Social Security Card Replacement -

(800) 772-1213 (TTY) 800-325-0778 


United Way of Ventura County - 

(805) 485-6288 

The United Way collects donations for disaster victims. Contact them about area resources and how to apply.


Ventura County Behavioral Health - 

(805) 981-6830

VCBH provides coordinated services for individuals with mental health and substance abuse.


Channel Islands YMCA Childcare -

Contact your local YMCA (check the above link for Central Coast locations) to inquire if they are providing free or low fee childcare for disaster victims for a limited time

RSS Feed - Use the Icon below to subscribe to this page. Instructions upon click.

feed-image Feed Entries