An Employee Supported Assistance Fund
TRI-COUNTIES REGIONAL CENTER
CLIENT HELP FUND
Tri-Counties Regional Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit agency, incorporated in 1968, serving over 9,500 people with developmental disabilities in Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo and Ventura counties. Developmental disabilities include mental retardation, cerebral palsy, autism, epilepsy and a combination of these. Our mission at TCRC is to provide person and family-centered planning, services and supports for individuals with intellectual impairment(s) to maximize opportunities and choices for living, working, learning, and recreating in the community.
TCRC has a Client Help Fund to assist persons with developmental disabilities and their families in emergency/crisis situations when the State does not pay and there is no other source of financial assistance. These funds have made a significant difference in the lives of the recipients. Below are recent examples of how the Client Help Fund has been used.
- A female client was being threatened by a local gang and feared the safety of herself and her children. She wanted to relocate but did not have the money. The Client Help Fund loaned her money to move herself and her children to a safer place.
- A male client lives independently and works 20-25 hours per week. Three of his paychecks were stolen and he was not able to pay his rent and groceries for the month. He had no family or friends that could loan him money. The Client Help Fund loaned him money to make ends meet for the month.
- A single mother has an autistic son who is non-verbal and requires total care. The two have lived in motels, a garage, their car and a small rundown trailer since losing their home. They were approved for housing assistance but needed money to pay the security deposit and first month’s rent. The father could not help due to his mental illness and being in jail. The Client Help Fund paid these expenses and helped this family have a home.
- A 45 year old male client had been living with his mom for a long time. He wished to move into his own apartment but neither he nor his mom had the money for a security deposit, utilities and groceries for a month. The Client Help Fund paid these expenses and helped this man begin living independently.
- A male client moved from a licensed group home to his own apartment. He was in need of a special therapeutic bed due to chronic back pain. He did not receive enough from his Social Security check to buy the bed and could not borrow from his father who is deceased or his mother who has a small fixed income. The Client Help Fund helped him buy his bed.
Client Help Fund is funded entirely by donations from families, friends, charitable organizations, and local businesses. One hundred percent (100%) of the amount donated goes directly into the fund and no administrative expenses are withheld so you can be assured that your support is going directly to those who need it!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATION!
Checks can be made payable to
Client Help Fund
520 East Montecito Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
Tax ID #: 95-2623230