Residents of Santa Barbara County can make appointments to be screened, and subsequently tested at COVID-19 Community Based Testing Sites.
The initial testing site has been established starting today at the Santa Maria Fairpark, located at 937 Thornburg Street, Santa Maria, CA, 93458. Locations in Lompoc (Anderson Recreation Center), and Santa Barbara (Earl Warren Show Grounds) will be opening later this week. Testing can be done, primarily during the week, from 7 am to 7 pm. Testing will be by appointment only.
All are eligible to screened, however, individuals who meet the following conditions will be prioritized:
• Healthcare Workers and First Responders
• Persons 65 years and older or any age with chronic medical conditions
• Residents or employees of congregate care living facilities
• Persons in essential occupations which include utilities, grocery, food supply, and public employees
• Any persons exhibiting one or more symptoms of COVID-19
Tests will be conducted to verify the presence of COVID-19 and are not antibody tests to detect whether or not a person has ever been infected. There will be no out-of-pocket expense or co-pay, and insurers of those who have coverage will be billed. Appointments will be completed at an indoor facility, and will require residents to exit their vehicle.
Screening and appointments can be made by visiting https://lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling 888-634-1123 for those with no internet access.
Learn more about COVID testing in SB County here.