The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) has issued an April 15, 2020 directive that includes updated information relative to COVID-19 Health & Safety Waiver Exemptions.
Previous DDS COVID-19 Health & Safety Waiver Exemptions directives limited these waivers to negotiated rate licensed residential facilities and Supported Living Services. This latest directive adds Alternative Residential Model (ARM) Homes, allowing regional centers to pay a residential facility rate that varies from the state-determined rate for these homes as a result of the COVID-19 virus.
Due to the Shelter in Place order for California and to mitigate the exposure and spread of COVID-19, all day programs within the Tri-Counties Regional Center catchment area were closed as of Monday, March 23, 2020 and remain closed at this time. If you feel your home needs a Health and Safety Wavier rate due to COVID-19 and the need to staff day program hours, please follow the steps below:
- Complete the budget cost statement with your hourly staff wage and employment costs.
- Email your form/s to C19H&Swaiver@tri-counties.org .
- Contact your Service Coordinator and let them know that you need supplemental staffing during the day.
- One your request is reviewed and approved, TCRC will complete a vendorization for a COVID-19 specific Supplemental Staffing (service code 109) rate. We will send you a temporary rate letter to confirm.
- Please remember this means you are being required to provide staffing that is over and above what is required in Title 17 for your home. So for example, if you are required to provide 168 hours a week but now everyone is home an additional 30 hours a week, you will add an additional 30 hours of staffing and TCRC will be able to reimburse you via this Health and Safety waiver process.