Job Summary: Perform extensive range of secretarial support duties for team members in our Atascadero office, including service coordination, medical, psychological, and management staff. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
1. Support Manager of Services and Supports as needed
2. Assist point person on Exception process as needed
3. Generate reports, correspondence, documents, and memoranda as needed for team
4. Process Early Start denials/accept letters and Age 3 denial/accepts letters in a 2-day turnaround time from date of receipt (Early Start)
5. Sandis changes as needed (demographic updates, change case file, closed, inactive & updating reports/contact history.
6. Type letters as needed
7. Assist point person in distribution for incoming and outgoing mail as necessary
8. Printing of RC note on predetermined date for persons served (exception –closed/inactive/transfer or deceased)
9. Processing of 3770 and CDER’s as needed
10. General office – photocopy, fax, scan, mail documents as needed for team
11. Create tables, forms – OD (officer of the day) schedule, sign out books, schedule for team and any other tables and/or forms needed by team
12. Gather data, compile reports, and prepare person served files as needed for team audits i.e. DDS, Peer audit reviews, etc..
13. Transcription of phone messages when necessary
14. Preparation of referral packets for team as necessary
15. Filing for 3 service coordinator on a monthly basis (SC’s to batch)
16. Relieve and/or rotate on switchboard and perform reception duties as needed
17. Schedule appointments and meetings for team department
18. Organize and maintain archive filing as necessary for team
19. Update information, lists, reports, contracts as needed for team
20. Request of medical records – 2 day turnaround time from date received
21. Maintain copier and fax machines with proper supplies, paper, ink etc.
22. Prepare closure, transfer, inactive, multi-volume & decease files accordingly
23. Travel to other offices as necessary
24. Assist as back up to point person in maintaining office supplies, agency forms and information as needed
25. Assist as backup to point person with facility issues such as building repair or service calls to vendors
26. Take minutes at team meetings as necessary & distribute to teams
27. May assist with planning and implementing special functions and training sessions for team needs
28. Additional or different functions may be assigned as needed
1. Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
2. Knowledge of medical/psychological terminology (preferred)
3. Communication skills
4. Appointment scheduling experience
5. Maintain confidentiality
6. Problem-solving skills
7. Interpersonal skills
8. Strong time management skills
9. Organizational skills
10. Prompt follow-up
11. Able to work with minimal supervision
12. Customer service oriented
13. Attention to detail
14. Tact, initiative, discretion, good judgment
15. Able to read, speak and write English and Spanish fluently required
1. Proficient computer skills – Excel & Word (Power Point desired)
2. Ability to type minimum of 45 WPM
3. Knowledge of correct grammar and punctuation (test will be administered)
4. Knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices, equipment
5. High school graduate
6. 2 years relevant experience
7. Excellent telephone skills
8. Transcription skills desired
9. May be required to know or learn technical terminology and spreadsheet programs
10. Bilingual ability (Spanish/English) required
Adequate manual dexterity and coordination for operation of a computer and other standard office equipment is required for this position. The ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time, the ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material such as reports and regulations, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail are all required on a daily basis. The ability to travel to another work-site location is occasionally required. The ability to stand, sit or walk for moderate distances on uneven terrain is also required on a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or control and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, kneel, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and infrequently up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Each of these physical tasks is an essential function of the position.
To apply for this job please visit tri-counties.hiringplatform.com.