Job Title: Assistant Chief Information Officer
Job Summary: Senior level position in a large community based and mission oriented non-profit organization that can transition to the CIO position upon impending retirement of the current CIO. A person-centered approach is critical in maintaining a stable and productive IS Staff in support of a fast-paced IT environment and growing enterprise. This position is hands on in all aspects of technology in order to provide backup and support of the operations of world class contemporary technical infrastructure as well as legacy IBM systems. This position plays a critical role in making architectural decisions for infrastructure hardware and software systems to ensure secure and scalable operations.
Supervision: Reports to Chief Information Officer, Executive Director. Provides supervision to IS Analysts, IS Assistants, Data Security Analysts, HIPAA Compliance Administer, Media & Communication Coordinator.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will be evolving in scope and scale with the goal of transitioning to the CIO Position. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Administrative operations, planning, and oversight of all IS services
1. Responsible for compliance, strategic planning, tactical operations, security, and data integrity per our contract with California Department of Developmental Services (DDS) as defined in Addendum A.
2. Provides leadership to all staff in the analysis of end-user needs assessment, identifying (aka predicting) current and future needs, aligning technology access to preferred user methods, and deployment, training, documentation and supporting staff throughout the
3. Maintain and Evolve IS Policies, Processes, and Procedures to deliver exceptional services and supports to all stakeholders.
4. Multi-Million dollar budget preparation, administration, and purchasing that ensures stability and security in the organizations operations.
5. Infrastructure design, operations, administration, and oversight that ensures staff have the tools and environment that supports their needs and expectations
6. Personnel administration – scheduling, education, performance, oversight, support, and guidance that ensures expertise is distributed appropriately and IS staff have the internal and external supports to deliver exceptional support to staff
7. Project Management – From concepts to end product support for all departments and staff that supports an environment of cooperation and imagination
8. Attendance and participation in TCADD Board meetings, and Committee Meetings to ensure IS alignment with Board policies and direction.
9. Attendance and participation in TCRC Directors, Assistant Directors, Ops, Tech Ops, Services and Support Managers, New Employee Welcome, Strategic Planning, and other meetings as requested.
10. Attendance and participation in Vendor Advisory Committee meetings as requested.
11. Attendance and participation in DDS/Statewide meetings as requested and as needed.
C-Suite support for strategic planning, policy, procedure, and operations
12. Primary resource for security, HIPAA, technical tools, and operations in support of new initiatives and procedures
13. Research and test tools to support operations and provide feedback and advice.
14. Provide reporting and data analysis as needed to discover and or prove hypotheses
15. Provide insight and advice to Directors and others on technology.
16. Provide review and quality checks on reporting by others (DDS) Compliance with and administration of all data security requirements and oversight of entire suite of security Infrastructure, platforms, and services
17. Responsible for the security, response, and incident remediation of all digital assets, infrastructure, and personnel including all HIPAA related incidents.
18. HIPAA compliance administration per HHS, CMS, and DDS rules and regulations
19. Scope, scale, and operations of security tools
20. Managing relationships with licensed security providers
21. Contract negotiations Media and Communications oversight and content editor
22. Ensure all products meet editorial and presentation guidelines.
23. Project management of Website rebuild.
24. Oversight and management of intranet and content editors
▪ Training and assistance as required.
25. Budget preparation and oversight
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Experience in all aspects of technology from strategic planning to field level expertise
• A solid background in IT infrastructure that supports strategic planning and operations.
• Hands on knowledge and experience managing IS assets.
• Experience in planning and deploying IS services
• Broad in-depth knowledge of technology – infrastructure, security, personnel, and emerging technology
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills to promote and exemplify a positive, professional, and responsive approach to providing support, problem solving and timely communications.
• Ability to oversee, manage, and complete multiple projects and directives simultaneously.
• Public speaking to diverse audiences about the application of technology to enhance or deliver services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science(s), Data Processing Management, Systems Engineering, or equivalent training and experience. 10 years combined experience in computer systems technical support, data security, infrastructure, common software applications and use.
• Experience in a HIPAA environment and in a leadership role is highly valued. This position is ultimately responsible for compliance with HIPAA regulations and response to any incidents.
• Formal training and or demonstrable knowledge of HIPAA for the organizations ventured Service Providers that cover what the Act is, the Privacy Rule, Requirements, Security Rule, Disclosures, & Breach Notification Rules.
Adequate manual dexterity and coordination for operation of a computer and other standard office equipment is required for this position. The ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time, the ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material such as reports and regulations, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail are all required on a daily basis. The ability to travel to another work-site location is absolutely required on a daily basis. The ability to stand, sit or walk for moderate distances on uneven terrain is also required on a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or control and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, kneel, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and infrequently up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Each of these physical tasks is an essential function of the position.
*Please feel free to ask for a copy of the Addendum A – DDS Contract Article IV: Contractor Operations
To apply for this job please visit tri-counties.hiringplatform.com.