Job Summary: Lead TCRC’s efforts to improve individual and family experience and facilitate consistent access to regional center information and services for diverse cultural groups through community outreach and training opportunities.
Primary functions (The following are examples of duties assigned to this position and is not an all-inclusive list):
1. Lead the regional center outreach program by designing and implementing community outreach projects, especially for ethnic groups underrepresented or underserved by the regional center throughout TCRC’s catchment area.
2. Support the community outreach efforts by Multicultural Specialist, Benefits Specialist, Deaf/Hard of Hearing Specialist, Enhanced Service Coordinator team, and other TCRC Specialist positions.
3. Collaborate with TCRC’s Multicultural Specialist to ensure Language Access and Cultural Competency Plan is implemented and maintained.
4. Play a significant role in the regional center’s POS Disparity Data process and community outreach efforts.
5. Present to community groups regarding regional center services as requested
6. Participate in interagency committees.
7. Identify, build and sustain strategic partnerships with local community agencies and various stakeholders to assist in outreach efforts designed to identify, educate and inform persons served and families.
8. Participate in support groups to help families understand services provided by the regional center, generic services, and other community agencies.
9. Coordinate internal and external information-sharing and communication with stakeholders and community-based organizations about TCRC and community events.
10. Provide Spanish language trainings to meet needs identified internally to TCRC and in the community.
11. Partner with Family Resource Centers to identify and support parent attendance at community outreach events and share information about TCRC.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. A bachelor’s degree required in social work, psychology or related human services discipline.
2. At least two years’ experience conducting community outreach to and for diverse populations.
3. One-year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
4. Bilingual and bicultural Spanish/English.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability in public speaking and conducting presentations
6. Outstanding interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with diverse populations, and cultures in a variety of situations.
7. Plan, lead, organize and develop multiple initiatives simultaneously.
8. Proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading projects and coordinating large meetings.
9. Experience with social media and demonstrated software competency. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet search tools required; graphic design experience preferred.
10. Enthusiastic commitment to the vision, mission and core values of the regional center as well as compassion and respect for all clients and their families.
11. Experience working with families from diverse cultural, linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds; an understanding of family systems and human dynamics.
12. Experience in developing and delivering training and group facilitation.
13. Reliable transportation.
14.Ability to read/speak/write Spanish and English required
Physical Requirements: Adequate manual dexterity and coordination for operation of a computer and other standard office equipment is required for this position. The ability to sit or stand at a workstation for long periods of time, the ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material such as reports and regulations, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail are all required on a daily basis. The ability to travel to another work-site location and traverse moderate distances is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or control and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, kneel, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and infrequently up to 60 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Each of these physical tasks is an essential function of the position.
To apply for this job please visit tri-counties.hiringplatform.com.