Job Title: HR Payroll Associate
Job Summary: Performs investigative, analytical, and administrative duties applying basic Human Resources principles and concepts in a variety of functions, with a focus on payroll processing. Operates in a person-centered manner with a high degree of independence and regularly uses judgment and discretion to accomplish objectives. This position is a vital part of the HR department, supporting the HR & OD Director and other HR employees and takes on responsibility for personnel records and various employee relations’ duties.
Reports to: Manager of Payroll & Benefits
• Audit all employee timesheets in a timely manner
• Calculate or check calculations on regular pay, overtime pay, taxes, deductions, garnishments, paid time off benefits and nontaxable wages.
• Process computerized payroll on a bi-weekly basis
• Transmit computerized payroll to ADP
• Generate and audit bi-weekly payroll reports and various other reports from payroll system software
• Update and run sick, personal holiday and vacation accrual reports
• Maintain payroll database for all employees, including the Rainbow staff by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions and other data.
• Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Process changes to employees’ status, including but not limited to pay rates and job title
• Ensure accurate calculations and processing of employee contributions and changes to 403(b) and 457 plans.
• Write payroll policy and information memos regarding new changes
• Process the Foster Grandparent/Senior Companion payroll on a monthly basis, and maintain their payroll and personnel changes
• Process monthly payroll reports for the controller
• Send out bi-weekly accrual reports to all managers
• Distribute third party checks to appropriate agencies and audit the invoices
• Participate in compensation surveys
• Will process all terminations, send out packet and process manual checks
• Will notify all staff and the Union of employees who will be terminating
• Maintain HR information system and run special reports as needed
• Process PAN (personal action notice) paperwork for changes
• Track leave of absences for all staff and provide communication with staff as needed
• Maintain a job notebook of all job duties and cross train others in the department
• Become thoroughly knowledgeable with the Union Contract and all personnel policies in order to assist managers and employees with answers to questions
• Verify that payroll HR forms are readily available to staff via the intranet
• Enter new hire paperwork into the HR database
• Employee oriented service philosophy: timely response to all employees within 24 hours
• Field employee questions/e-mails/phone calls and provide them with accurate information
• Maintain knowledge of new labor law developments to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws
• Will be trained to serve as back-up to other members of the HR department
• Support HR & OD Director with various tasks and projects
• Other projects as assigned
1. Proven experience as a payroll clerk or accounting position working with payroll
2. Experience in data collection entry and reporting with great attention to accuracy
3. Computer experience and working knowledge of payroll software (ex: ADP)
4. Strong math and numeric skills; 10-key by touch
5. Ability to process basic functions and formulas in Excel
6. Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
7. Strong planning, organization, and coordinating skills
8. Outgoing, friendly, service oriented and strong team player
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
10. Self-starter, good work ethic, highly motivated and energetic
11. Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality
12. Demonstrate analytical skills and problem solving ability
13. Able to work with minimum supervision and eager to take on responsibility
14. Attention to detail, tact, discretion, and good judgment
15. Highly reliable/excellent attendance and punctuality record
1 Bachelor’s Degree – preferred
2 HR certification- preferred
3 Minimum 1-year direct payroll processing experience required, 2 years preferred (ADP preferred)
4 Strong proficiency in Word and Excel
5 Knowledge of HRIS database systems
6 Thorough knowledge of office procedures and equipment
7 Demonstrated wage and hour law knowledge and excellent writing skills
8 Experience with conducting group orientations and training sessions- preferred
7. Prior labor/employee relations experience- preferred
8. Travel to other county offices may be needed on occasion, requiring reliable transportation
Adequate manual dexterity and coordination for operation of a computer and other standard office equipment is required for this position. The ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time, the ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material such as reports and regulations, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail are all required on a daily basis. The ability to
travel to another work-site location is occasionally required. The ability to stand, sit or walk for moderate distances is also required on a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or control and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, kneel, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and infrequently up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Each of these physical tasks is an essential function of the position.
To apply for this job please visit tri-counties.hiringplatform.com.