Job Summary: Within a team environment, provides person-centered consultation, advocacy, resource information and service coordination for people with developmental disabilities who require more involved and specialized assistance.
Service Coordinator I (Entry Level)
Those with less than one year of experience will not be expected to provide the specialized assistance needed for those listed below:
a. Students in active transition due to graduating from school in one to two years.
b. Individuals in residential placement or living independently.
c. Newly eligible individuals, transfers from other Regional Centers, and reactivated cases.
d. Individuals with dual diagnosis, and cases requiring clinical or forensic expertise.
e. Self-determination and Medicaid Waiver cases, Social Security/Medi-Cal problems that require assistance with advocacy and appeal process.
Those with less than 1 year of experience will also receive the needed support in completing required HCBS Waiver certifications and documentation. Individual Service and Supports Managers will serve as the QIDP and must sign the documentation for all individuals on the HCBS waiver for the first year while the service coordinator acquires the needed experience in working with people with developmental disabilities.
Service Coordinator II
Specific Job Duties:
1. Support individuals we serve by maintaining regular contact and doing Individual Family Service Plans (IFSP) and Individual Program Plans (IPP).
2. Participate in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) staffings and attend meetings in the community as needed including Individual Education Plan (IEP) and day program meetings.
3. Provide information and referral to generic services and resources in the community, including
a. Schools, recreational options and local support groups.
b. Supportive Employment/Habilitation funded day programs.
c. Local agencies (C.C.S., Dept. Rehabilitation, Social Security, Medi-Cal, IHSS).
d. Specialist physicians/ specialists (speech therapist, O.T./P.T.).
4. Coordinate and secure TCRC funded services, including:
a. Behavior services, training for independent living, supportive living.
b. Out-of-home placement, in home and out of home respite.
c. Infant and adult day programs.
d. Durable medical equipment and specialized services, non-Medi-Cal funded services.
Primary Job Functions:
1. Conduct strength-based assessments that communicate an understanding of the unique issues
facing family members.
2. Involve individuals we serve and family in all aspects of person-centered planning and support activities.
3. Design, document, implement and monitor services and supports in a timely manner.
4. Facilitate planning team progress, identifying outcomes, needed services and supports.
5. Develop and maintain a network of vendors and community agencies.
6. Provide relevant information and training about developmental disabilities, services and resources.
7. Use effective communication and interpersonal skills that consistently respect children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
8. Demonstrate an operative knowledge of family/natural support and private/public resources and integrate these into service planning resulting in community-based outcomes.
9. Demonstrate an operative knowledge about developmental disabilities and how families are impacted.
10. Demonstrate an operative knowledge of a variety of approaches to intervention and support.
11. Demonstrate an operative knowledge of entitlement and benefit programs.
12. Demonstrate an operative knowledge of the Tri-Counties Regional Center system, the legal system, individual civil rights and overall advocacy.
13. Work in a cooperative and collaborative manner as a team member.
14. Develop and maintain good relationships with community representatives.
15. Participate in professional growth and development through attendance at in-service and other training activities, conferences and other job-related agency approved events.
16. Conduct all activities in a professional and ethical manner.
17. Additional or different functions may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities
- Awareness of entitlement and benefit programs and of public benefit programs
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to make verbal and written presentations to groups
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Responsive to supervision
- Able to understand and adhere to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to read/speak/write Spanish and English required
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services or related field.
- Reliable transportation or equivalent means of transportation.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred but not required.
- Able to read/speak/write Spanish and English required.
Adequate manual dexterity and coordination for operation of a computer and other standard office equipment is required for this position. The ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time, the ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material such as reports and regulations, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail are all required on a daily basis. The ability to
travel to another work-site location is absolutely required on a daily basis. The ability to stand, sit or walk for moderate distances on uneven terrain is also required on a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or control and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, kneel, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and infrequently up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Each of these physical tasks is an essential function of the position.
To apply for this job please visit tri-counties.hiringplatform.com.