Website Tri-Counties Regional Center
Job Title: MANAGER, SERVICES & SUPPORTS – bilingual required
Job Summary: Directs the work of a service coordination team in a person-centered way. Represents TCRC in the community. Interprets and applies agency policies.
Supervision: Receives direction from the Assistant Director of Services & Supports. Provides general supervision to assigned service coordination staff.
1. Assigns, reviews, and evaluates work of a team of service coordinators.
2. Hires, trains, directs, and evaluates service coordinators
3. Works independently and interdepartmentally to resolve service issues. Represents the service coordination team and/or the regional center in interagency problem resolution. Participates in planning and developing agency policies and procedures. Communicates policies and procedure information to staff. Trains staff in application and interpretation. Monitors results for conformance with agency, state and federal standards.
4. Compiles/prepares reports on team activities.
5. Participates in management group meetings. Represents the team and/or the agency in transactions with state and local agencies, service providers, community groups.
6. Implements strategic performance plan at team level.
7. Leads service coordination team in learning and using Person Centered practices.
8. May serve as staff support for committees of the Board of Directors.
9. Manages team within budget guidelines.
10. Additional duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of developmental disabilities
• Knowledge of Regional Center service systems
• Awareness of public entitlement and benefit programs
• Staff leadership and supervision
• Creative problem-solving ability
• Ability to make verbal and written presentations to groups
• Organizational and time management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Works effectively with diverse groups
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in Person Centered practices
Education and Experience:
Strongly prefer a Master’s degree in social work or related field and license or license eligibility (LCSW, MFT). A Bachelor’s degree and three years of directly related experience may be substituted for the Master’s degree.
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in human services field or a related area, with 2 years of applicable experience in mental health or social work and 1 year experience with individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Valid California driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle or equivalent means of transportation.
• Able to travel to any location at any time; Local and in-state travel is required.
• Ability to ready/speak/write Spanish and English required
• A valid California driver’s license and transportation, or acceptable substitute, is required for this position. Local and in-state travel required.
Adequate manual dexterity and coordination for operation of a computer and other standard office equipment is required for this position. The ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time, the ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material such as reports and regulations, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail are all required on a daily basis. The ability to travel to another work-site location is absolutely required on a daily basis. The ability to stand, sit or walk for moderate distances on uneven terrain is also required on a daily basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or control and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, kneel, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and infrequently up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Each of these physical tasks is an essential function of the position.
Classification: Exempt, Non-Bargaining
Starting Salary: Bachelor’s degree: $72,042.67 – $75,000.00 annually Master’s degree: $75,000.00-$78,000.00 annually; + $200 monthly bilingual stipend
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com