|Job Title: Training & Organizational Development Specialist
Job Summary: Works closely with other members of the Training & OD team and interacts with TCRC Management and Staff and community members in a variety of person centered activities
to implement training and development, performance management, strategic planning, and survey administration. Must work independently and as part of a team. Coordinate TCRC training and
organizational development activities by assessing training and education needs of individuals and teams, administering the Learning Management System, developing and delivering classroom-based and online content, and providing individual, confidential coaching and team facilitation in support of performance objectives, team development and progress toward strategic objectives. Performs administrative and communications activities to promote training and organizational development events. Demonstrate person centered principles and practices in
all work activities.
Reports To: Assistant Director, Training and Organizational Development
1. Coordinates and develops training activities including needs assessment, topic identification, speaker identification and acquisition, materials development, site identification, webinar hosting, registration, logistical planning and event coordination.
2. Delivers presentations and coordinates the delivery of New Employee Welcome (NEW), Service Coordinator Training (SCT), Service Provider Orientation (SPO), LEAD Academy, new manager training, behavioral interviewing, harassment prevention and sessions based on agency needs and individual interests and abilities.
3. Coordinates with subject matter experts to provide coaching and oversight of all forms of training delivery.
4. Administers Learning Management System (LMS) to schedule, promote, register, track and report training activity for staff, board members and service providers, and members of our community.
5. Provides individual, confidential performance coaching as requested by managers as it relates to achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), skill and knowledge expectations, and developing competencies. This may include involvement in the disciplinary action process.
6. Publishes and maintains a catalogue and calendar of classroom-based and online training events for TCRC staff and service providers through e-newsletter, Tri-Line and website in collaboration with Media & Publications Coordinator.
7. Maintain electronic training attendance records and Continuing Education files and records for employees and other participants in Learning Management System and maintain employee performance review files in cloud-based file management system. Review and track employee training stipend forms.
8. Develops and administers a Training and Development Coordinating Committee to coordinate agency wide training and development initiatives and maintain communication about training needs across all departments.
9. Coordinates TCRC certification procedures to sanction training events for CEU credit for professionals, providers, and staff, including all communications with individuals obtaining credits and maintaining required audit records.
10. Develops and implements training plan for Managers.
11. Participates in the Risk Management Committee, OPS, SS Manager Meetings, Leadership Team, ARCA Statewide Training and Information Group (STIG)and other agency committees as assigned.
12. Serves as internal Organization Development consultant, providing education and coaching to management and staff on strategic and operational opportunities for organizational, team, and individual performance planning and development as a means to achieve Agency goals and objectives.
13. Assist with the administration and analysis of annual, third party studies (including Services and Supports Survey, National Core Indicators) to evaluate TCRC programs.
14. Assists with the development and implementation of the agency Strategic Planning process, including needs assessments that enable planners to address changing social, economic, and political environments.
15. Publish and maintain content for e-newsletter and employee intranet to highlight staff accomplishments and share training events and resources. Write and edit articles, edit photos, upload content using WordPress.
16. Create and update spreadsheets containing confidential employee information related to education, work experience, skills and/or accomplishments, and performance management.
17. Work on special projects, some of which may support TCRC’s Strategic and Performance Plan as well as Board of Directors activities. Gather input from TCRC staff and management and populate information in progress reports as requested.
18. Assist with various mailings, including drafting letters, coordinating with Media Coordinator, Information Systems, and mail house personnel. Assist with writing and revising various policies, procedures, plans and processes.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
20. Position requires regular travel in the tri-counties area. (Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo counties) and quarterly travel to Sacramento or Los Angeles areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet search tools required
2. Project and/or event coordination experience
3. Knowledge of adult learning styles and effective training methods.
4. Willingness to learn and develop proficiency in instructional design, e-learning development, and content authoring software.
5. Willingness and commitment to learn about the Regional Center system and adopt an understanding of the needs of the persons served by the system.
6. Detail and accuracy oriented
7. Analytical thinking
8. Database creation and maintenance
9. Ability to initiate and achieve objectives with minimal direction
10. Ability to work collaboratively across the agency using a person centered team approach
11. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability in facilitating groups and conducting presentations
12. Valid California driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle or comparable means of transportation
Any combination equivalent to or likely to provide the required knowledge and skills in qualifying:
1. Bachelor Degree minimum qualification/ Masters Degree preferred in related field
2. Five years related experience
3. Knowledge of Regional Center systems
4. Expertise with social media including Constant Contact and Mail Chimp
5. Experience using illustration and photo editing software
6. Experience with e-learning instructional design and learning management systems
7. Bilingual English/Spanish ability
Adequate manual dexterity and coordination for operation of a computer and other standard office equipment is required for this position. The ability to sit or stand at a workstation for long periods of time, the ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material such as reports and regulations, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail are all required on a daily basis. The ability to travel to another work-site location and traverse moderate distances is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or control and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, kneel, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and infrequently up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Each of these physical tasks is an essential function of the position.