California Gathering for Person Centered Practices
The California Gathering is an annual sanctioned event of the Learning Community of Person Centered Practices. Each year TCRC hosts two exciting days of Person Centered Thinking and Planning that help our community continue to develop a strong foundation to promote positive partnerships in support of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities and their families.
HIGHLIGHTS from previous Gatherings.
The Gallery Walk
This is a wonderful display of individuals and families we serve who have put PCT/PCP into action, living a life that has meaning and value, contributing to their community by using their gifts, skills interests and passions.
These sessions offer the opportunity for attendees to focus on different areas of interest related to how they are incorporating PCT in our work with a focus on different methods of person centered planning.
These sessions are intimate spontaneous meetings between attendees allowing for more informal sharing of learning.
Some of the areas of learning shared at the CA Gathering include:
- • Person Centered Planning and Facilitation
- • Person Centered Reviews, MAPS, PATH
- • How to build, create and contribute to your community
- • Training updates for PCT Certified Trainers and Mentors
- • Person Centered Practices and Culture
- • Organizational Change and Person Centered Practices/ Person Centered Integral Leadership/ Creating Person Centered Teams
- • Laws and Legislation; CMS Home and Community Based Waiver and Person Centered Planning
- • Self Determination and the importance of Person Centered Planning
Some scholarships are available for persons that we serve and their families. For information on scholarships, call Tina Calderaro- Mendoza at TCRC at (805) 823-2304. Donations to help support the CA Gathering and scholarships are welcome and will be accepted during registration.
To be added to the CA Gathering mailing list click here.