TCRC strives to make its products and services accessible for all users, including people with disabilities. Our corporate Web site, www.tri-counties.org, complies with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) of the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI). We will always strive to make the site as accessible as possible.
The TCRC web site is tested regularly by internal and third party consultants to identify any usability issues as well as discover new solutions to further improve the accessibility of our site. Our current accessibility features include:
- Alternative text detail for appropriate images and other non-text elements.
- Title attributes for additional information about links and indication of new browser windows.
- Structural markup to indicate headings and lists to aid in page comprehension.
- Association of forms with labels.
- Association of all data cells in a data table with their headers.
- Embedded documents and multimedia accessibility efforts are under way. TCRC will provide reasonable alternative formats upon request until this effort is completed.