Ventura County – Rainbow Connection
Rainbow Connection is a Family Resource Center in Ventura County that serves people with developmental disabilities and other special needs, and their families.
Whether you are just starting your journey with a baby in the hospital or you are a family member looking at the issues of aging for someone with special needs, Rainbow is here for you.We are here to help you find information, training and the support of other parents who are on your same journey.
Rainbow is staffed by parents of children and adults with special needs. We draw from our own experiences and understand the daily joys and challenges of parenting a child or an adult with special needs. We are great listeners and can assist families with problem solving.
Our staff and families work together in relationships based on dignity, respect, and confidentiality. We believe that every person should be valued, respected, and given the opportunity to reach their fullest potential. We are dedicated to building sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding between individuals, families, professionals, and the community.
Double Click the images below to view our Flyers about What’s Happening at Rainbow Connection & On Going Support Groups, Trainings and Activities:
- Talking to a trained staff member who is a parent.
- Parent to Parent Matches – Connecting parents with similar concerns and interests.
Rainbow has support groups for specific disabilities, military families, and general ones for all special needs. We also list the groups available in the community.We encourage parents to attend a support group at least once. They might be surprised at how much it will help them and how much they can help others.
- Social time for teens and adults receiving services from TCRC
- Sib Club
Information on various disabilities
- on local, state, & national resources
- on parent’s Rights & Responsibilities when raising a child with special needs
Education and training
- Presentations on topics of interest for parents
- Basic training on Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs) and Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Workshops to help parents organize all the paperwork that comes with a child with special needs
Spanish Outreach Assistance
- Support for Spanish speaking families, some resource materials are available in Spanish.
A large multi-media library is available at the Tri-Counties Regional Center office in Oxnard. A satellite library is available in the Simi Valley Tri-Counties Regional Center office and at Channel Islands Social Services. Internet access is available at both Regional Center sites. A mobile library is available for group meetings. The library is open to the public.
Rainbow Connection Family Resource Center – Oxnard Office
2401 East Gonzales Road, Suite 100, Oxnard CA 93036
Main Phone: (805) 485-9643
Toll Free: (800) 332-3679
Spanish Line: (805) 485-9892
Fax: (805) 278-9056
Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Rainbow Connection Family Resource Center – Simi Valley Office
2635 Park Center Drive, Suite A, Simi Valley, CA 93065
Main Phone: 805-823-2325
Spanish Line 805-485-9892
Monday through Thursday 9 am to 1 pm and by appointment.